Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holiday SHOPping


Holiday Gift Packing by SimpleSongDesigns

This year's holiday season has meant completely different things for me this year. It really (honestly) isn't about spending a million dollars on the fancy pants perfect gift for everyone I have ever known. This year, I have chosen to buy only a few gifts, make most of my gifts, and really support others through my purchases. A lot of this has come from online shops filled with handmade goods. I think anything homemade has a special feel to it and, to be honest, makes my heart a little more full knowing my gifts were not at the expense of others (as in, corporate America and its effects on humanity). Here is a list of some of my favorite shops:
Camilla Engman - i am in love with her 2009 calendar
Stephanie Congdon Barnes - her little creatures make my biological clock tick way too quickly
Heather Smith Jones - a little bit of everything you might want at the holidays
Port2Port Press - it's all good... really... so is mav's card society
Abby Try Again - her images are breathtaking
Hello Handmade Paperie - everything beautiful on paper, especially the Dandelion Calendar
Simple Song Designs - gorgeous paper goods
Simply Photo - gorgeous images of life as it really is

No comments: