Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tribe


tribe |trīb|
noun
a social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect, typically having a recognized leader :
• informal family : the entire tribe is coming for Thanksgiving.
• (often tribes) informal large numbers of people or animals : tribes of children playing under the watchful eyes of nurses.


This is what I want to work into... I am not so much a social creature these days, but there are those moments when nothing compares with a great pow~wow with a like minded soul. I think the main reason I am not very social is my distaste for chitchat. It is really hard for me to stand around and talk about the weather or irrelevant stories. I'm just not into it. I'm into what matters. I'm into what you're really thinking and what's really going on. I'm not about the surface standard conversations. I'm about real conversation. I'm about tribe.
What about you?

No comments: