Friday, August 28, 2009

Fall

Just a quick note to share this post over at curious bird....

I am so into fall. SO INTO IT. Kyle and I generally think October is the best month (it is Kyle's FAVORITE month as he so often reminds me). I think if you could have a power season, ours would be fall. There is such an energy to it all. The calming down of summer frenzy heat and build up to winter hibernation. The smell might be the best part~ the ciders, pumpkin, apple, spicy smells. OH, and the cooking... did I mention that my favorite things to cook are pumpkin? Pumpkin soup, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cake, pumpkin bread.... Apple too~ Jewish apple cake, apple pie, apple crisp. It is so exciting to think about. The start of school gives me this feeling too. Unlike most people, the general overwhelm of starting school again doesn't get to me. I get excited and have such trouble keeping still with all the energy of preparing the semester. I plan for papers and projects and let autumn cover me whole- when I can come home from class, bake a little, curl up with a big cozy blanket and do homework. It is all too much~ too exciting.

No comments: