Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mondo Beyondo

As I mentioned in my last post, I am taking an online course from my dear, amazing, beautiful friend Andrea called MONDO BEYONDO. So of course, one of the first assignments was to create our own mondo beyondo lists. Rather than explain it here, you can read about what this list is on Andrea's blog here.
So, here it is.... my list, in no particular order:
- go to Paris
- live in Italy
- be happily, healthily married
-build my own home
-have a career i love in education reform
-teach!
-live in Hawaii
-learn to surf... well.
-live by the sea
-create something that moves people
-travel the world studying education policy and find a system that works for everyone!
-PhD
-let go of jealousy
-learn to REALLY cook
-be a fearless mother
-have an open, healthy relationship with Kati (my sister)
-speak French (more than I do)
-take responsibility for myself, dont always put it on others
-work in display at Anthropologie
-learn to chop firewood, mow the lawn, self-sufficiency things
-be more kind in answering my phone
-control my shopping
-stop judging
-know flower names
-know birds/ bird calls
-TRIBE... a real true one!
-have my own studio
-have a library in my house with a sliding ladder
-make dresses
-be kind and giving but give to myself FIRST
-share myself fully, genuinely, openly
-write a book (did i really write that? yep. i did!)
-show my art/photography
-live/work space (work from home with travel)
-be able to travel (ie: without getting sick or freaking out)
-financial freedom
-beach house!
-house on European coast (preferably on the Mediterranean)
-compassion for others
-fresh cut flowers at all times
-dog
-learn letterpress printing
-write/work for a magazine
-vermont, for a time...
-learn to ski/snowboard
-know more history
-my blue bathroom
-learn to really garden
-create a real HOME~



so that's it right now. i didn't number because that is overwhelming. and a lot of these things are more "to-do-before-i-die" things. some are more mondo beyondo than others, but all of them are true and rich....
:)

9 comments:

Kelly G said...

I love your list. it's definitely creating visuals for me. surfing.. library with the sliding ladder.. that's great stuff. And i have TRIBE in my list too. I think that's very important to a lot of us in the class.

Nicole H. said...

Beautiful list! Nicole

Unknown said...

heh, I like the 'knowing bird and flower names' - a lovely wish to have :)

The Other Laura said...

What a great list!

Jolie said...

Your list inspires me! Yay for dreams.

Enyasi said...

What a great list! Thanks so much for sharing this.

matirose said...

i love these dreams emily! feeling inspired~ blue bathroom :)

christine said...

I love the library with the sliding ladder. Gosh, how I secretly wish for that too.

shari said...

i really like your list emily. best wishes.